25 May 2007

F5: Bad Habits are my secret vice

1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.

I used to bite my fingernails and pull on my toenails, so that they would look ratty and often a bit raw. I started wearing nail polish at all times for a full year. By the time I stopped with the polish, I had gotten out of the nail biting type habit.

2. "If only there were a 12-step program for _________________!"

Freecell addiction.

3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.

Yup, freecell. Relatively harmless.. sometimes gets in the way of doing work, but does no harm. As Husband would tell you, I'm well and truly obsessed. 11,000 games in a year. And yes, that's an average of 30 games per day.

4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.

My mom leaves the milk and butter out on the counter all the time. It drives me up the wall.

5. "I'd love to get into the habit of ___________________."

Not over sleeping. But it's very hard to get up when there's someone warm and snuggly nearby. I did try to kick the habit by giving up the snooze alarm during Lent... but, uh, that failed.

Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?

Hmm. I think I'll try to go to bed earlier consistently, and shift my sleeping clock.