25 June 2007

not again!

I've been a bit delinquent in my blogging.. dare I say neglectful?

Let's see: I finished the spring semester, I worked through mid June at the University Chaplaincy, and I'm now taking a summer intensive course on preaching (2 weeks, 2.5 hrs per day, four more days). And then, I'll relax for a few weeks in July before going to the Kenyon Summer Conference on the MDGs. In August, more rest and a trip home to Georgia. And then, before you know it, September will be here, and I'll get right back into the midst of things!

I'm afraid I don't have anything terribly interesting to say.. the most interesting thing to happen today was the solicitors who rang the bell around 8pm. Now, this happens a lot, as we live in a dense city and a particularly well-off neighborhood (nevermind that we live in an apartment and with both of us in grad school... well, you get the picture). So I go to the door, and look through the peephole. I see the binders and the gear of solicitors. And I think to myself, it's been a long day, from class to several hours of copying and then the gym, all while hauling around a 20-lb messenger bag -- quite literally, since I took the liberty of weighing it at the gym. I decided not to open the door, since I would only have to tell them that I'm not interested. I waited until they went away, and then went off to see what Steve was making for dinner. Five minutes later, I hear someone yelling outside about how "they" wouldn't even open their door. Yep, that would be me. And I don't seem to feel very guilty at all.. well, maybe just a little. Soliciting is a terrible job, but that doesn't mean I want to deal with it in my own space.